Another one of my vegan delicacy's soon to be featuring in Boo Magazine!
Super Doopa Veggie Frittatas!
Vegetrian? Vegan? Gluten or wheat free? This ones for you!
Does your kid turn their nose up at veg? Yeah mine does too! So, hide tons of veggies in these scrummy frittatas and watch the kids (and grow ups!) wolf them down and ask for more! Make extra, and put them in the lunch box for school or work the next day. Great eaten hot or cold!
Ingredients (makes 8 - ish)
· 2 potatoes, peeled, grated
· 1 carrot, grated
· 2 cougettes, grated
· 125g can sweetcorn, drained
· 1 onion, finely chopped or grated
· 75g self-raising flour (can be gluten free)
· 1/2 tsp salt
· Handful of chopped parsley
· 3 free range eggs
· 2 tbsp olive oil
For hardcore Vegans – I recommend using Ener-G Egg replacer. It’s about £7.20 and equal to about 100 eggs. So you can use it for anything and everything!
1. Add together potatoes, carrot, courgette, sweetcorn, onion, flour, salt, parsley and Ener-G or egg in a bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add a little oil. Use a large desert spoon to measure out each frittata. Cook for 5 minutes and turn over until browned. Repeat as needed.
Maybe serve with.....
Some gluten free burger buns, salad and egg free mayo. They’re also great with Quinoa and baked Aubergine. I sometimes use them as a meat substitute for a Sunday dinner.